Most accidents involving children outside schools occur when a child has their sight obscured by parked cars.
Parking restrictions and marked areas on the roads are there for a reason – to keep children safe. The safest option when dropping off or picking your kids up is to park away from the school and take a short walk to the gates.
If you MUST park near to school and space is limited, please follow the rules:
- DO NOT park on zig-zag lines or KEEP CLEAR markings
- DO NOT park across dropped kerbs or drives
- DO NOT park on footpaths
- DO NOT stop to drop kids off in the centre of the road
- ALWAYS abide by the restriction signs – parking only in permitted areas
- DO park safely and be considerate of children and residents by not causing an obstruction