Due to inconsiderate drivers, a small child was very close to being significantly harmed this morning, 10th March 2017, outside the Academy.
We have received complaints from local residents regarding parking. Residents are in constant fear for the children and the incident this morning has been reported to the police.
The safety of our children are paramount to the Academy and we have taken the stance to report any parking issues and/or inconsiderate drivers.
Poor and inconsiderate parking close to schools can place children at significant risk.
Most accidents involving children outside schools occur when a child has their sight obscured by parked cars.
Parking restrictions and marked areas on the roads are there for a reason – to keep children safe. The safest option when dropping off or picking your kids up is to park away from the school and take a short walk to the gates.
If you MUST park near to school and space is limited, please follow the rules:
- DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF THE TIGER GATES
- DO NOT park on zig-zag lines or KEEP CLEAR markings
- DO NOT park across dropped kerbs or drives
- DO NOT park on footpaths
- DO NOT stop to drop kids off in the centre of the road
- ALWAYS abide by the restriction signs – parking only in permitted areas
- DO park safely and be considerate of children and residents by not causing an obstruction