GREEN CLASS – Year 1
We are Green class and are at the start of our journey into Year 1. In Green class the teachers are Miss Khatoon and Miss Cropper. We hope you find this blog useful in keeping you informed about what’s happening in Green Class. It is also an opportunity for you to be involved and make comments from home.
Please click the titles to reveal more information.
This term’s topic is SPACE.
- Read and become familiar with fairy tales
- Retell stories using story language and appropriate actions (Pie Corbett)
- Sequencing sentences to form short narratives.
- Begin to write own stories.
- Create story maps.
- Predict what might happen next in the stories.
- Position and direction
- Addition calculations.
- Subtraction calculations.
- Recognise 3D and 2D shapes describing properties
- Represent and use number bonds and related subtraction facts to 20.
- Recognise different materials and where they come from
- Investigate materials to find out about properties
- To create using waterproof materials
- To use senses to describe the materials
- To make predictions and test out materials
- Ordering and sequencing
- Programming ICT related toys
- Design, make and evaluate a rocket
History & Geography
- To find out about space
- Role of an astronaut
- The first astronaut
- Planet names and facts
- Planet order
PE + PSHE
- P4C learning linked to our rights respecting school scheme
Miss Khatoon – Teacher
Miss Cropper – Teacher