At present all 3 & 4 year olds are entitled to 15 hours free childcare a week. From September 2017 the government has said that parents will be able to access the 30-hour entitlement if they each (in dual-parent families) earn at least the equivalent of 16 hours per week at the national living wage – or national minimum wage for those aged under 25 – and earn less than £100,000 each. This includes the self-employed and parents on zero-hours contracts. The additional funded hours will also be available where one parent is employed but the other has substantial caring responsibilities or is disabled.
Due to this and to enable us to provide 30 hours free childcare for eligible children the school are proposing to make the following changes, these include:
- Parents will be offered a morning OR afternoon place in nursery 5 days a week.
- Additional sessions are offered to parents who wish to pay for these extra sessions.
- Changes to session times will be 8.30 to 11.30 am and 12.15 to 3.15 pm.
- Sessions can be extended for example:
- 30 am start leaving at 12.15 pm (having stayed for lunch)
- 30 am start leaving at 3.15 (having stayed for lunch)
This would incur an additional £2.50 session charge with an extra £1.98 for cost of lunch.
We would be pleased to hear your thoughts on this and you can submit these in writing, address for the attention of Mrs Best before Monday 19th June 2017.