Sheffield City Council Primary Admissions

Abbeyfield Primary Academy follows the Sheffield City Council policy for primary admissions. Parents please note – A place in our nursery does not automatically guarantee a place for your child in our school. A full application must still be made via the authority adhering to the relevant deadlines

If you are interested in applying for a place for your child at Abbeyfield Primary Academy you will need to contact the Local Authority (Sheffield City Council). 

You can apply online here or alternatively you can contact the Sheffield Admissions Team as follows:

Telephone: 0114 273 5766


Click here for the Local Authority’s parents’ guide for admission to a primary school.

Click here for the parents’ guide to transferring to a secondary school.

Parents of potential pupils are welcome to visit the school. Please contact the office to make an appointment. To apply for a place in Reception at Abbeyfield Primary Academy parents and carers must obtain an information sheet and Application Form for Admission to Primary School from the Primary Admissions Team, which may be found on this page.

Nursery Places for 3 – 4 year olds

All 3 and 4 year olds are eligible for up to 15 hours Nursery Education a week.  Children who use a Free Early Learning place show greater levels of achievement in their school years.

Our Nursery learning and play environment provides invaluable early learning experiences and intensive language development for 3 – 4 year olds.  As children explore our indoor and outdoor play spaces they develop their social skills and our dedicated Early Years teaching staff are always on hand to stimulate and support children at play.

Your child’s free early learning entitlement runs from the start of the term after your child’s 3rd birthday.  Apply early to secure your child’s place.

Who is eligible for 30 hours free childcare a week?

  • Your family could receive up to 30 hours per week of free childcare if all adults in the family are working.
  • For single parent families this means if you are working.
  • For couples, both parents must be in employment.
  • Click here to check your eligibility and register your interest.

Places are available. 

Please complete an application form and return it to the school office.