The wearing of school uniform is not an option but an obligation. It is expected that parents and children will honour this agreement and make every effort to uphold the desired standard of dress.
Any parent experiencing problems in purchasing articles of uniform should initially contact the Office.
The intentions of adopting a school uniform are: to give all children a sense of ‘belonging’ to Abbeyfield Primary Academy;
The School Policy is that all children should wear school uniform. The uniform consists of:
- Sweatshirt/cardigan with school badge (available from school)
- Polo shirt with school badge (available from school)
- Black Trousers/leggings or shorts when the weather is warm
- Black skirts or black pinafore dress
- Green & White checked dress
- PE kit consisting of Gold polo shirt with school initials (available from school) & Navy blue shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- No jewellery except stud earrings may be worn in school, which must be removed by children for all physical activities or if they cannot be removed then the child will have to temporarily miss the activity.
- As well as the above items, children are expected to wear strong sensible footwear
- All items of clothing must be clearly marked with the owner’s name
- Hijabs can be any colour
- Black long sleeved tops can be worn under dresses, for those who wish to cover their arms
School uniform can be ordered by bringing cash into the school office.