The wearing of school uniform is not an option but an obligation. It is expected that parents and children will honour this agreement and make every effort to uphold the desired standard of dress.
Any parent experiencing problems in purchasing articles of uniform should initially contact the Office.
The intentions of the school uniform are: to give all children a sense of ‘belonging’ to Abbeyfield Primary Academy;
The School Policy is that all children should wear school uniform. The uniform consists of:
- Sweatshirt/cardigan with school badge (available from here or from school)
- White shirt either long sleeve or short sleeve
- Black trousers/leggings or shorts when the weather is warm
- Black skirts or black pinafore dress
- Red & white checked dress
- PE kit consisting of a white polo shirt & navy blue shorts or navy blue tracksuit bottoms
- No jewellery except stud earrings may be worn in school, which must be removed by children for all physical activities or if they cannot be removed then the child will have to temporarily miss the activity.
- As well as the above items, children are expected to wear strong sensible footwear that covers toes and heels.
- All items of clothing must be clearly marked with the owner’s name
- Hijabs must be elasticated and can be plain black or plain white
- Black long sleeved tops can be worn under dresses, for those who wish to cover their arms
School uniform can be ordered online at Jonny D Schoolware, or can be ordered from the school office.