Firs Hill School Council meet regularly with Mr Mitchell to discuss issues in school. We report back to our classes and find out what everybody wants to do to improve our school. We also help plan events and activities for the rest of the school to enjoy and raise money for charity. We are elected at the beginning of every year.
How we were chosen
Anyone who wanted to stand as a counsellor wrote a speech at home. It had to be persuasive and say why we could be a good class representative. Qualities of a good school councillor included being a good listener, being confident, having a loud voice and being able to take on board other children’s ideas. We presented our speeches to our classes. Then all the pupils had a secret ballot and the top two children from each class were chosen.
Our Aims in 2015-2016
- Make the school an even better place to be
- Have even more fun in lessons and at playtimes
- Welcome everybody and make sure that everyone is treated the same what ever their colour or religion
Last year we:
- Raised tons of money for Sheffield Children’s Hospital, Cash for Kids and Comic Relief
- Investigated the school kitchen and Halal food
- Collected money/resources for schools in Liberia
- Given Mrs Martin feedback about our Curricular Targets and Report Cards