RUBY – Year 4
In Y4 we have two classes Ruby and Emerald. In Ruby Class Miss Walker is the teacher and Miss Cropper is the Teaching Assistant.
In Y4, our topic this term is Ancient Greece.
In this project the children will learn:
- About everyday life in ancient Greece
- Greek Gods
- Life in Athens
- Impact of the Greeks on the modern world
In reciprocal reading the children will be reading “Varjack Paw”, by S F Said. Reciprocal reading takes place every morning at 8.30 and is used to improve children’s understanding of text.
In maths it is expected that all children are able to fluently recall up to their 12 times table by the end of Year 4, so we will be continuing to develop the children’s mental maths skills and ability to recall key maths facts. This half term our focus will be on the 8 and 9 times tables.
The focus for science this half term is electricity, the dangers, how to run appliances, recognise simple components and to construct a simple circuit.
The following clubs will be available this half term:
- Homework club to provide additional opportunity to complete homework
- Maths club to help improve their maths skills
- Handwriting club to help improve their handwriting skills
- Grammar club to improve their Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar
Ruby Class have PE every Wednesday and Friday and all children will need to bring their own PE kits (black shorts/leggings and a white t-shirt).
Click the link below to download a PDF of the curriculum booklet for the first half of this term.
Ms H Ahktar – Teacher
Ms J West – Learning Support