AMETHYST – Year 3
In Amethyst we have Miss Scott who is the teacher of the class and Mr Barber who is the Teaching assistant for our Y3 class.
In Y3, our topic this half term is Where does our food come from?.
In this project the children will learn:
- To investigate the origins of food
- The different methods to produce food
- The differences and similarities between traditional and modern farming
- To appreciate food from different areas of the world and how the global production of food can affect food deprivation
In numeracy the children are learning to readily recall their 3, 4 and 8 times table.
The focus in Science this half term will be on Plants. Children will be learning all about the different parts of a plant and the impact of nutrients in soil on plants.
The following clubs will be available this term:
- Maths club to help improve their basic Maths skills will be scheduled shortly
- Homework club to provide additional opportunity to complete homework.
- Grammar club to help improve basic grammar skills
- Reading club to help children improve their reading comprehension skills
- Phonics clubs to help children bridge gaps with their phonics knowledge
- Fine motor skills to help some children develop their fine motor skills
Amethyst class have PE every Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon. It is important for all children to bring their own PE kits (black shorts/leggings and a white T-shirt).
Finally, if you have any issues or concerns please feel free to stop by and see me.
Click the link below to download a PDF of the curriculum booklet for the first half of this term.
Ms L Scott – Teacher
– Learning Support